A great way to use your leftover bread is by making it into cheese breads. Perfect as a side dish to almost anything.
Day-old bread slices
Cheese (e.g. comté)
Spice blend pizza
Sage leaves (optional)
Tip: Truffle mayonnaise is a wonderful dip for these breads.
- Cut the bread into thin slices
- Mix a little pesto with olive oil and the spice blend (follow the instructions on the jar). Spread the pesto on the bread.
- Add cheese and a sage leaf on top.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 15-20 minutes, until the cheese is golden.
- Sprinkle with a little spice blend before serving.
- Bon appetit!